Tuesday, December 1, 2009

In My Opinion - Five of My Favorite Movies

Number 5

Fifth on the list of my favorite movies is Planet of the Apes (1968). It features such stars as Kim Hunter as Zira, Roddy McDowall as Cornelius, and, of course, Charelton Heston as George Taylor. This film was released during the sixties when quesitons of life on other planets was foremost in our minds. A kind of follow-up from the "Buck Rogers" cartoon of the generation "before me." Makes you wonder when you gaze up at the stars...doesn't it?

Number 4

My fourth favorite movie of all time is Lake Placid. The cast includes Bridget Fonda, Oliver Platt and Bill Pullman. You know there is always the possibility that nature has hidden from us something simular. Can you tell I like Science Fiction? This action packed movie sent me jumping back in my seat.

Number 3

Third on my list of favorite movies is Michael. John Travolta plays an angel sent to earth to guide people in their lives. This movie also stars Andie McDowell and William Hurt. Everyone appreciates the thought that and angel is watching over them. To actually meet and interact with one such as portrayed in "Michael" by John Travolta shows we don't live in a perfect world....but we try. Doesn't he just make most of being and angel?

Number 2

Ranked second on my list of favorites is Harry Potter. This movie stars actors of all ages such as Daniel Radcliffe,Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Maggie Smith and Julie Walters. This delightful series of movies and books incorporates the importance of education and the arts as well as the constant struggle within ourselves of good and evil that we need to make well rounded individuals. They also give new meaning to athletics and games such as chess.

Number 1

My absolute favorite movie of all time is Jurrasic Park. I think the animation is incredibly realistic in this movie. It stars such actors as Sam Neal, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum. The incredible mechanics and precision of movement given to our "prehistoric" friends. Did they really behave that way? I also have seen the first "Godzilla" movies to be able to compare this series with. "Godzilla" used to be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment