Friday, December 4, 2009

First Job

Newbie...

The second day on my very first job as a waitress, I had a customer that asked for a "Pine Float". Do you know how to make a "Pine Float." After looking for the ingredients for five minutes, I told the customer I wasn't sure how to make one. I was so embarrassed when he told me that it was "a glass of water and a tooth pick." I was teased on a regular basis after that....

Don't be Nasty........you'll get paid back!

While working as a waitress, I had one of the nastiest regular customers you could ever wait on. Being a waitress, you count on tips so you want to make sure you take care of your customers. This particular customer came every other day for a cup of coffee and a piece of pie and then she would complain, complain, complain.

One particular day after her usual ritual, she came down from the restroom, got ready to leave and I checked her out at the register. She walked out the front door, across the street and turned right to cross the street again. I didn't look up until she had crossed the second street. Guess what was trailing behind her......10 foot of toilet paper stuck in the waist of her jeans.....I about died laughing........shame on me...


Short Legs

On a slow day, I usually got some extra cleaning done in the restaurant. I decided to clean the big chest freezer. It was quite a stretch to reach the bottom, I was just teetering on the edge hanging upside down as I cleaned. Somehow my arm bumped the lid of the freezer and it came down on top of me enough that I was stuck. Just picture, chest freezer, lid almost down, two legs swinging trying to reach...something. I heard the door bell ring and started to yell help....how would you like to help a waitress out of the freezer in order to get service.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment