Friday, December 4, 2009

Snowmobiles Do Run on Grass

My husband restores old vehicles and is not above "trading" for parts. One of the neighbors needed some work done on his truck and asked if he would take a snowmobile for the work. The snowmobile needed some motor work done on it, not a lot to make it operable so he accepted it for payment.

One hot day in July, I was busy doing housework and I heard this awful sound. I just knew he was trying to get some kind of motor to run. The next noise I heard sounded like someone close by was target shooting. Since I live in the country, it's not unusual so I didn't pay much attention.

After a short time, I heard a loud motor like a chain saw, popping and cracking and backfiring all at once. It sounded like it was moving around to the front of the house. I hurried to the front door in time to see my husband flying across the front yard, on a Snowmobile, bouncing on the uneven clumps of grass. Can you picture this? Life is not dull in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment